Aaron Maurer, creator of the challenge, and Polar 3D are encouraging makers to create unique ornaments.
"Starting now until December 15th, I would like to invite you to join us in creating 3D printed holiday ornaments. You can use any software that can produce .STL files to design your ornament(see details below). The goal here is to inspire people (students and adults) to be creative and have fun." -Aaron
The goal is to create an awesome ornament to be judged by the Polar team. Ornaments can be traditional, wacky, or symbolic, as long as you make it yourself! One winner will be judged per school/ 20 submissions!
Upload an .stl file, image of the print, or timelapse video for submission.
HOW TO COMPETE
- Create an account and log in) to the Polar Cloud (cloud.polar3d.com), select the Polar Challenge Icon and join “3D Printed Ornament Challenge”.
- Design an ornament, and be creative!
- Upload/submit your design on the Cloud.
- Print your design on a Polar 3D Printer (optional). Remember this is a DESIGN challenge.
Please do not just pull an object off of the Polar Cloud or Thingiverse and submit it as your own – you can only submit something you have created or materially modified.
The 3D Printed Ornament Challenge starts now ends on December 15, 2015 at 10am ET. Top ornaments will be selected and announced by the 17th. Good Luck!
Although it's not technically a competition, the best ornament creators will receive:
- Up to six free prints of your ornament shipped to you just in time to hang up holiday decorations (printed on the new Polar Farm).
- 1 picture of our Polar interns begrudgingly dressed up as elves while holding a sign with your name on it.
December 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM EST